The main village of the municipality of Laion is located on a sunny hill above the valley entrance of Valgardena
Located at almost 1,100 m a.s.l., the village of Laion is located right above the place where the Valgardena valley branches off towards the Dolomites from the Valle Isarco valley. Already from afar you can see the huge parish church, dedicated to the Saints Stefano and Lorenzo. Dating back to the 19th century, the Romanesque church steeple has been preserved, to which a bulbous spire was added in 1715.
In immediate vicinity a second, even more ancient church is located, which is the Church of Our Lady dating back to the 12th century, at the foot of which the gorgeous church square extends, offering several pleasant bars and venues to stay.
The village of Laion is located in a very strategic position: the chief village of the valley, that is to say Ortisei, as well as Chiusa in Valle Isarco are within easy reach, also the Brennero motorway and the railway line are only a stone's throw away. For this reason, Laion is not only the ideal place for experiencing the Dolomites, but also other areas of South Tyrol.