The today’s parish church dedicated to Our Lady of Perpetual Succour was built in 1990.
Image gallery: The Parish Church of Selva Gardena
In the 1970s, when the former church was about 100 years old, the wish for a new and bigger church came up. The reason for this was the increasing number of inhabitants and guests in Selva Gardena in the 1970s.
For the construction of the new church, the townhall and the main road had to be relocated. The neo-Gothic nave was demolished, in its place there is an octagonal building today. The chancel with the picture of the Virgin Mary done by Lucas Cranach has been preserved.
On the exterior wall of the sacristy a coat of arms stone of the Wolkenstein Family especially reminds on Wilhelm von Wolkenstein, who let build already in 1503 the first chapel at the current location of the parish church.