A bulbous spire, precious statues and beautiful frescos - this is the Parish Church of Ortisei, which was built in the years 1793 to 1796.
The Ortisei Parish Church dates back to the 18th century (1793-1796). At the time it featured only one side aisle. The boom of tourism and the Val Gardena wood-carving industry in the second half of the 19th century, however, resulted in a steadily increasing population and thus a second side aisle had to be added to the church.
Numerous paintings, ceiling frescos and figures decorate the inside of this spacious building, such as the giant St Ulrich statue by Ludwig Moroder dl Mëune, the altar painting “Adoration of the Magi” by Josef Moroder-Lusenberg or the painting depicting St Elizabeth and the beggar. The latter is a work of art by Rudolf Moroder-Lenert and was awarded a gold medal at the 1900 World Exposition in Paris. Worth seeing are also the stalls, decorated with beautiful wood carvings.